top of page
Office Desk_edited.jpg


IMPORTANT DUE DATE: MARCH 1ST (and FEBRUARY 15TH for S Corps & Partnerships)

  • Tax Organizers & uploads for all clients are due March 1st in your portal if you would like to file by April 15th

  • For S Corps & Partnerships, your Corp/Partnership Tax Organizer is due February 15th in your business portal if you would like to file by March 15th

**No worries if you miss the deadline! All clients receive free extensions to allow extra time if needed.​

Anchor 1

What to Expect

1. Become a tax client

  • Keep an eye out for a message from me in the portal in January to answer some questions and receive your quote.

  • After you approve the quote, I'll send you an engagement letter and an invoice for your $100 deposit.

  • Once those are complete, you've officially become a Quick Guide Tax client again and we can get started!

2. Fill out our tax organizer and upload your documents in the portal (due March 1st to file by April 15th)

A complementary extension will be filed for all clients to allow extra time if needed.​

  • We will assign you a tax organizer questionnaire inside the client portal. This is where you will provide all of the information needed for us to maximize your tax savings! On the last page of the organizer, you will be asked to upload any necessary tax documents. When you are done, click submit.

    • This organizer includes questions regarding your freelance income and expenses and rental income and expenses too.​

  • You can save your progress if you'd like to fill out some now and some later. 

  • Special note for S Corps, C Corps and Partnerships

    • You will receive a separate "Corp/Partnership" tax organizer in your business account in the portal due on February 15th to file by March 15th. This it because your business taxes are due earlier than your personal taxes (March 15th).​

3. We review everything

  • We will review your organizer to make sure everything is complete. If anything is missing, we'll send you a message in the portal to let you know.

  • If we find that, based on your uploads, you have additional filing needs, we will contact you with an updated quote for your approval.

4. We get to work!

  • Once we have everything, we'll get started on your taxes! You can sit back and relax. If additional questions come up, we'll send you a message in portal.

5. Approve our work (and submit payment) in the portal

  • We will send you a message with a copy of your completed tax return along with a review document explaining the most important sections. If you have questions about your tax return, you can ask them in the portal by replying to our message, or you can book a free meeting to go over it together.

  • An invoice for the remaining balance of your tax prep fees will also be uploaded at this time.

6. Provide your signature in the portal

  • Once you approve your tax return and pay the invoice, we will send you an efile authorization form to sign.

7. Keep an eye out for a confirmation message in the portal

  • Once that's signed, we will proceed with efiling your taxes! You'll get a confirmation message when they've been accepted.


Information & Documents to Gather

Depending on your situation, you will likely not need all of this information.

Read through this list and make note of any information & documents that apply to you.

Personal tax documents & information you may need

  • Income​

    • Form W2 (wages)

    • Form 1099-INT (interest income)

    • Form 1099-DIV (dividend income)

    • Form 1099-G (unemployment)

    • Form 1099-B (capital gains income)

    • Form 1099-SA (social security income)

  • Child/Dependent Care Expenses​​

    • Include payment amount, name , address, phone number, and EIN for each day care provider​

    • Contributions to 529 plans or ESAs

  • Education Expenses

    • Form 1098-T​

  • Student Loan Payments

    • Form 1098-E​

  • Homeowner Info

    • Real Estate Taxes Paid

    • Mortgage Interest Paid

      • Form 1098​

    • Closing documents (if you purchased a house)​

    • Sale documents (if you sold a house)

      • Form 1099-S​

  • Charitable Contributions

    • Everyone can deduct $300 of cash contributions for 2021 ($600 for married filing jointly)

  • Retirement Contributions/Distributions

    • Form 5498​

    • Form 1099-SA (HSA or MSA)

    • Form 1099-R

  • Debt Forgiveness

    • Form 1099-C​

  • Identity

    • IPPIN numbers (if applicable)​

Business tax information you may need

S Corp & Partnership tax information you may need

  • Profit and loss report

  • Balance sheet report​

  • Amount of owner's contributions

  • Amount of owner's distributions 

Rental tax information you may need

  • Rental expenses (as a spreadsheet, via bookkeeping software, or entered manually in the organizer)

  • Home Office Details (sqft of home & sqft of office space)

  • Rental Car Usage (miles driven for rental maintenance)

  • Rental income amount

  • Repairs and improvement costs

  • Helpful tip:

    • Rental income is reported separately based on each property. So if you have multiple properties, you will need to track rental income and expenses separately for each one.

bottom of page